Wednesday, April 24, 2013

ABC Challenge: P is for Purple Haze

Hey ladies. I'm so sorry I've been absent; as you've probably heard from Kimber, I've been away on vacation in South Africa. I had planned ahead and done my swatches for O before I left, and then left the photos on my other stick. *sigh*
So, here's my belated O: OPI's Live and Let Die.



Now, while on safari, my nails suffered unspeakable breaks. I mean, my right hand is utterly mangled. You can't even speak of nubbins, there's just nothing there. I'm traumatized every time I look at them, and I'm not even sure there's enough nail to get fake extensions. I'll have to see what I do. I may get those awful paste ons from CVS just to cope with it in the meantime. 

My left hand fared a tiny bit better; not much, but there's a little white on the tips at least. So, just, be warned!

I chose Ulta's Purple Haze, and OPI's Pirouette My Whistle for this challenge. I have actually never used an Ulta brand before, and I was not overly impressed. I thought it was very sheer, which some people like, but is just not my personal preference. As for Pirouette, I was obsessed with it when I first bought it, but I fear my constant travelling has caused it to gloop, and by the time I got around to taking photos, it had started to shrink. 

Overall, not my best mani week, although I daresay a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm just painfully depressed over my nail breakage. I really do like the color combo as a whole, and Pirouette makes everything look like a snow globe, which makes me happy. 



That being said, here are some of my South Africa shots; hopefully they'll make up for me slacking off. =D




In case you couldn't tell from my face, I was petrified, holding that boa constrictor. I have a long-standing fear of snakes, so I was VERY proud of myself for holding one in spite of it.

16 comments:

  1. Whoa, that lion has all those scratches on his face! OMG your holding a boa constrictor.. amazing you are facing your fears! I hope you had a nice trip despite those pesky nail breakages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Who noticed the length of your nails??? You were thatclose to a lion!! A real lion!! And had a boa around your neck!! You are one brave lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic is priceless!! Good on you for facing your fear!! I think you chose great and nubbins are just as good as long nails so sport them proudly girl, they happened on a SAFARI!!! Who can say that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went on safari for two weeks back in 2011 during the migration. BEST. TRIP. EVER. So jealous when you said you were going there too.
    And the nails? They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Pirouette My Whistle! And wow girl! Well done for holding that snake, I too have a snake phobia, you are so brave! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Nicole-if you broke them on safari then it's gotta be worth it! You can definitely make nubbins look beautiful too. Those 'P' nails are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahahahah I would be petrified me too!
    I LOVE Live and Let Die, I don't know why I haven't worn it yet. Too many polishes in my untrieds box and only two hands to paint... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's funny that two participants have shown snake photos this week :) I like the color combo here, but it sucks that you didn't love working with either polish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Live and let die is gorgeous, I'm so glad I have that one now I just need to use it! LOL Pirouette My Whistle, I wish I had gotten it when I had the chance, it does look very snow globey! LOL I also agree about the Ulta polishes, they aren't that great. I am so jealous of the safari! How awesome that must have been!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I am still so jealous of your trip! Second, I mourn your nails Let us have a drink in their name! ANd lastly, I love both manis. Ulta polishes can be a tough hard to work with, but I've found some gems. PMW is so beautiful that I kick myself for passing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Haha, you're right! What was the probability that we would foth feature snakes in our posts! But it did happen! That boa seems pretty friendly to me, I'd hold that one gladly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, the mani is really pretty even with the sheerness from the ULTA polish.
    And second, wow!!! It must have taken a lot of guts to hold that boa! I couldn't do it I'm afraid of snakes too!!
    I hope your nails grow back quickly, it feels awful to have them broken!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Ketlyn...beautiful pix and great post. Looks like you had a marvelous trip. I we'll hear more!!!! :)

    I'm in love with that Purple Haze/Pirouette number you've got going on up there. Gorgeous.

    As for the mangled hand....they grow back. In a few weeks, you'll be good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I love the lion pic :) Hopefully your nails will grow out soon, but it sounds like you had a great time. Totally worth breaking them lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you look petrified but beautiful! Love your pics!
    Love and Let Die was the only OPI from that collection that I truly needed, it's so gorgeous!
    And I hear you about nail breaks, I'm on the same boat right now. I am hating my Q mani because I just can't stand this sort of nubbins I have!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had an awesome time in South Africa! Sorry to hear about your nails though :/ I hope they are growing back already :)

    ReplyDelete