Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ABC Challenge: D is for Dark Brown

I've been wearing so much glitter lately, I've completely neglected my more basic colors. So, for D I decided to go with Milani's "Dark Brown". And just because I couldn't give up on the glitter entirely, I decided to jazz up my ring finger with Essie's "Beyond Cozy".

Two coats Milani "Dark Brown", one coat HK Girl Top Coat.

Two coats Milani "Dark Brown", one coat HK Girl Top Coat.

I don't know how much you can tell--maybe I'm just that neurotic--but my index finger is a great deal longer than the rest of my nails. I had a horrific break on my middle finger and a minor one on my ring finger in a freak accident in the kitchen, and I couldn't bring myself to file my nails down. I can't wait for them to be nice and long again. *sigh*

Anyway, back to the polish. For being a "cheap" CVS brand, I adore Milani. Their polish occasionally has a stronger than usual odor, but for the price tag and formula, I can look past that. It always applys on super smooth and shiny; no visible brush strokes. Just one layer of my topcoat and you can see how shiny and glossy they are. Milani dries fast too, which is always a huge bonus for me.

This might be more of a fall/winter manicure, but I just love dark colors, so I'm using what's left of January as an excuse before I move on to more pastels and neons.


25 comments:

  1. I love dark colors too, even though they make my already pale skin tone look ghostly. I've never tried Milani, but I found another "cheap" CVS brand that sounds similar - the brand is called Spoiled. Goes on smooth, has the wide brush, and the 5 colors I've gotten so far hardly smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I've never heard of Spoiled. I'll have to look for it.

      Delete
  2. That brown is just absolutely delicious color and looks silky smooth! I love dark polish like that ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Dark polish is my absolute favorite.

      Delete
  3. I can never stomach cutting all my nails down, either, when one breaks :)

    These colors look great together, the glitter really works with the rich dark brown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Haha.

      Delete
  4. Don't you hate it when that happens! In wish nails would never break lol lovely color though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time about a year ago I broke four nails, and I actually went to a local nail salon to have a wrap extension done. Total cheating, but I was so upset.

      Delete
  5. I love the ring finger! the colors look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a lovely brown...I don't think I've seen it on the Milani shelf at my CVS. I'll have to make an effort to track it down, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they hide it. My store keeps it with the cotton balls, an aisle over from the rest of the polish. Sneaky sneaky.

      Delete
  7. I can understand, I love long nails and it's always a drama for me when one of them breaks.
    BTW your nails are looks super nice in this pics! ;) And this polish is sooo glossy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it really is super glossy. I love glossy polishes. =D

      Delete
  8. I love Milani. And I really dig this color. I'm just now starting to appreciate Browns and I have to pick this one up! Love the accent nail too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brown polishes have always been a pet favorite of mine. Browns and greys. I'm still trying to make a decent glossy grey. It's harder than I imagined.

      Delete
  9. I have this color, but have yet to actually swatch it. I love your glitter accent! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have so many colors I have yet to swatch, it's ridiculous.

      Delete
  10. This is a gorgeous mani, all year 'round!

    Your nails are looking great! They're back.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have any milanis yet, glad to hear they are worth it!! Although here they aren't a that cheap!! I love that the accent finger almost looks like a ruffian mani, was that intentional?!? Regardless, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dark brown, what a vampy color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so incredibly glossy, I love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The color looks very yummy. :D

    ReplyDelete