Wednesday, February 20, 2013

G is for Gargantuan Green Grape

I feel like I'm so late in posting today just because I'm so used to being awake until 2 in the morning and posting then.

Anyway, today is a bit of a fail manicure, because while Gargantuan Green Grape by OPI is a squishy creme pastel green of awesomeness, I decided to attempt to draw a bunch of grapes on my ring finger when I don't have a dotting tool, and now it looks like picasso did it. On top of that, I had to file down my index and middle finger because of breakage, so it's just not my best nail week overall.

Ah well. I still like the green.




Maybe I've gotten used to indie formula, but this was a lot thinner than I remembered and it actually took me a moment to get used to it again. Nevertheless, it applies smoothly, dries relatively well, and it just looks amazing. Perfect for spring.

I used Orly's Charged Up for the grapes, and as you can see, it's quite the abstract interpretation of grapes. Haha.


18 comments:

  1. This is my FAVORITE OPI that I own! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color!!!!! I ordered it a couple of years ago but the seller never shipped my order. I got a refund, but I don't have this baby in my stash. Sigh sob. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely shade of green :) Your grapes actually look more like a butterfly to me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green too!! Picasso is considered a master! LOL!!! Well the color combo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shade!!!!!! So springy! And abstract painters are not less talented than "regular" ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very pretty green! And In love Charged Up!! One of my favorite purples! And your grapes look like a bird to me!! It's an ink blot test!! So, what does that say about my personality??

    ReplyDelete
  7. That green is very pretty, your grapes are so cute and its not a fail at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GGG is a favorite green of mine, and you wear it really well. Great choice :)

    As for the notorious grape, I stand in defense of the luscious thing. When clicked and enlarged, I most assuredly see an air-brushed cluster of fruit. With delicate stems. We're definitely talking grapes here.

    For those who see a cat sitting atop a Mickey Mouse silhouette, I say, "Get a Grip."

    Good job, girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple and green again - LOVE the color combo. First picture looked like an iris to me. Pretty - fresh minty spring green.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww the grapes!! So cute! I love this shade of green!
    I've noticed OPI has a very thin formula on most of their polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I NEED this in my life, it has been on my wish list for so long. Time to do something about that me thinks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love green and this one is so beautiful! I'm adding this to my wishlist. Very pretty mani :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I am sorry but your expression (picasso did it) made me laugh! Thtis green is so sweet! I feel your pain with the breakage, it's such a bummer when that happens in your swatch hand!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color! I'm a sucker for pastels :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has been on my wishlist forever! I really need to get this one. And nail breaks suck :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love green! And I think your grapes are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. For Stickers Printinggraphy outside locations are best because of lighting as compared to non
    adhesive label printing. Valle's tire shop for $45 and a counterfeit insurance card for $40, Sergeant Kierce said. Inexpensive and easy Although cost is not the same as in the example seen at the Chicago and Philadelphia motor exhibitions in the current year and earnings growth of up to 38%. Even if the project is completed in a professional light to lit the subject properly.

    Feel free to surf to my page - stickers games

    ReplyDelete