Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ABC Challenge: L is for Leopard

First galaxy nails, now leopard nails. I've had an adventurous week in nail art. Haha. I did two different versions of it, because the first one would NOT photograph. Something about the white and the pink just spazzed my camera out, and even topping the pink with purple did nothing to fix it.


Milani's Instant Pearl, Milani's Quick Teal, Orly's Passion Fruit, and OPI's DS Temptation. 

It looks nothing like the tutorial video I watched, but to be honest, I'm so excited that I did some form of nail art that I was still pleased as punch with it.

Regardless, it started chipping like crazy earlier today because I made the bottom layer way too thick, so I decided to do it over with Essie's Armed and Ready, Leading Lady (Ahhh another L! yay!), and Milani's Instant Pearl.

Essie's Armed and Ready, Essie's Leading Lady, and Milani's Instant Pearl. 

Still not reaaaaally a true leopard look, but it's splotchy and colorful, so I like it! That, and I'm a noob, and for being a noob, I think it's good. =D


17 comments:

  1. Morning, Ketlyn!

    Drives me batty when my camera spazzes out like that! :( But you made the best out of a techno-difficult situation: love the re-do!

    I did leopard nails myself, this week. First time for me, too. I've come to the conclusion that there is no "perfect" leopard print. That's just the nature of leopards (in the wild) and nail art!

    Given that understanding, your leopard is exquisite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you know something? On second glance, I really like that first effort, too. Even though your camera spazzed, I still get the vibe. You done good, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a leopard, and didn't even want to photograph it, so to me, yours look awesome! I tried using a striper polish, and I swear the brush was like 4 feet long. The outlines for the spots were nowhere near the spots. I should have taken at least one photo - I laugh just thinking about how BAD it looked.
    Love the grey/red combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's part of what's so great about animal print in general...nature ain't perfect! Both of your leopard prints are adorable and fun...the colors are great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both but I actually like tge first one better! All of my favorite colors!!! The perfect thing about animal prints is they don't have to be perfect! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love em! The first is crazier, though! And that I like a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both and I especially like the unique look of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is quite weird, but I've never created a leopard print before! I should do it, or at least I should try!
    I usually prefer light and bold colors, but my fav combo is the second one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them both, but the first one is my favorite. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both look awesome, Your first one is my fave, I love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first one is my favorite too! But both are gorgeous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live how bright the first one is and the second reminds me of ninjas - random I know but it does!! Great leopard goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them both! The first one is so colorful - I really love the colors, and it looks great! The second one is totally Ninja (agreed with nicole)!! which makes it even more awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As much as I love Armed and Ready I absolutely adore the first one! Those colours just made me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you did great Ketlyn! I bet the first one looked great IRL cos it still looks great even if your camera couldn't capture it :) Like the other ladies also point out, there's no one right way to do animal print. Just look at mine, I doubt there's too many pink & lilac leopards running around with some glitter on them too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love them!!! I did a leopard mani too and I chose to use silver and blue. Mine look a bit sloppy, but you'rs look a lot better :)

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both look really great but I think the first one is my fave :D

    ReplyDelete