Wednesday, March 13, 2013

ABC Challenge: J is for Jackson Polish

So, tonight was interesting. When I moved a few months ago, I left behind almost my entire polish collection, so while going through my stash for today's manicure, I suddenly realized I don't have a single J polish. So, of course, I had to run to CVS to find a J. Thank God for late hour drug stores.

While there, I found some polishes from the new Revlon stick colors. I desperately looked through all their Moon Candy polishes for a J but found nothing. (that's okay, because I still bought one for my M post!) Then I went through their other nail art sticks and found "Jackson Polish".


I'm not going to lie, I think the color combination is one of the WORST I've ever seen. I have no idea what possessed them to put those two colors together. I like the individual colors, but they just do not look good together. It doesn't help that I just suck with nail art brushes so even if the colors did go well together, the brush strokes still don't. Haha. I actually removed the manicure and just put the base coat back on and paired it with OPI's Rainbow Connection. It looks a lot better and I'm pleased with the result.

Other than that, though, I loved the formula of this polish. It just took a single coat to receive full coverage, although I used two the second time around just to be sure. It's smooth, not at all streaky, and dries quickly.  I'm super looking forward to trying out their Moon Candy edition of the stick. I think those colors are much better matched. Haha



16 comments:

  1. Left behind your polish? I don't know if I could do that...
    I've seen displays for these polish sticks popping up everywhere, but mostly for the Moon Candy ones. I love copper, and as far as I'm concerned it goes with anything. Combo of the two isn't bad.
    At least you were able to combine with something you like better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yeah I can't believe you didn't take all your polishes with you when you moved! I've seen that almost all of us struggled a bit with J...
    I liked the bright red a lot, but you're right, the combo isn't the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This combo is not that bad, but I'd probably use these polishes separately. Anyway the red one is really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised I've never seen this combo at the store, I feel like I've seen a lot of them. I own two different ones and was impressed with the formula as well. I think your nails look cool! The red is gorgeous and I like the bronzed/gold you added.:)

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with ya, I suck at using nail art brushes that actually come in nail art polish, I find the brushes too long and awkward and I always seem to make a mess of things so that my polish ends up getting goopy and gunky!! This is a strange color combo, but I agree that the colors are pretty on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great red, although I do agree that the coppery bronze is a strange pairing with it. Kudos to you for giving it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That base is gorgeous, I never have enough of those orangey reds. And they look stunning paired with anything! I dont think those two worked that bad together, actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hate double ended polishes! That said, if the shimmery part works for stamping I think it would look great used for stamping over the creme colour! Other than that I agree that it's not a good match!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "run to cvs to find a J" LOL, sign of a dedicated blogger and polish maniac! Good job, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I love that you had to run to the store to get something! I'll most likely be doing this next week! I actually really love this combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really struggled with J too :( I love the red colour, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you. What were they thinking when they thought up these colors on one stick? Great colors, individually - but together? I don't know: bad drug trip?

    Thank Gawd they have you to jazz the crap out of it and tell a great story. Not to mention, you've got super pix. At the risk of repeating myself....I repeat myself: WTF were they thinking with that combo?

    LOL re: 24 hour drug store to find a J.

    Super post, girl! :)

    L

    Ketlyn: you

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a really pretty red. Kinda like a tomato color, those are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the bright red! And it's indeed a bit strange that they put those colors together but it looks very classy on you. :)

    ReplyDelete