Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ABC Challenge: K is for Keep up the Flame

I'm going to have to seriously go over my entire stash because this is the second week in a row I've been struck with the realization I don't have a fitting letter for the challenge. Lucky me, CVS has a pretty broad selection of brands to choose from, and I picked up Maybelline's "Keep up the Flame", and Nicole by OPI's "Kissed at Midnight" from the Selena Gomez collection.



I had a hard time making the flash work with the gold against the red. It kept turning orange. Once I went outside the issue resolved pretty quickly. 




For being a last minute find, I'm pretty excited about how it turned out. I love Maybelline's color show polishes as base colors. They're inexpensive, they dry quickly, and application is smooth. I'm not the biggest fan of Nicole by OPI in general; for being a branch of OPI, the formula is NOT impressive, and it's still 8 dollars a bottle. Kissed at Midnight, however, was great. I was really happy with the application and the amount of glitter that came out with one coat. It applies evenly and dries super fast. 

I was also kind of stoke that my manicure matches my new lip-liner pencil. I'm easily amused. 



16 comments:

  1. Nice combo. I noticed that I am starting to look at reds again. Not sure why, but I have steered away from them for quite a while now. Pretty nice for a last minute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the sun...what photo magic it creates! Love the color combo here and that glitter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Those Selena Gomez polishes are soooo darn pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this combination!! soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sparkly!! I do prefer regular OPI over NOPI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super nice combo! It seems you have small pieces of gold on your nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I say I just love your new lip liner? I know it's not polish but I can't help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Think about it like this: the challenge is a good excuse to buy more polish! :D I love this classic combo ;) Always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL re: easily amused. That Maybelline is a great color on you, and it works nicely with the Selena Gomez bling.

    Can't wait till we get to a letter that doesn't require our running out in the middle of the night to the drive-thru CVS ;) LOL. I think "L" might be that letter, but haven't checked the database yet.

    Happy "K" day, Ketlyn!!! Great job and lip liner ;) !

    ReplyDelete
  10. That gold glitter is beautiful and over the red? Perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look great together! I love it how you run to CVS to get polish for the challenge LOL Also makes me wish that there was CVS or Walgreens near me with all the brands I can't get from Finland :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these colors together!! I didn't have any polishes or brands that began with K either. I also went to CVS and couldn't find one polish that began with a K!! Weird!! My CVS must really suck :)

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love red and gold together!!! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wooooow I love the combo! It looks gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete